Frequently Asked Questions
How do I ensure that my booking is locked in and to confirm the date?
- A 25% deposit based on your most up-to-date or initial quotation is required to secure the date for your function. The date will be held for up to 14 days from when you received the quotation and will only be confirmed on payment.
- Changing of dates may incur a fee or the date may be unavailable and should be discussed as soon as possible due to seasonal periods and high demand.
When are final details required?
- All menu selections, dietary requirements, staff requirements, a running schedule and timings, an address and final numbers, are due and to be final 10 days prior to your event.
- Any details requested following this may be unable to be accommodated.
- Any changes may incur a late notice fee and/or non-refundable costs.
When is final payment due?
- Final payment is due 7 days prior to the event, this is non-negotiable, late payments can incur a late fee or cancellation of an event.
- Business or personal invoices can be requested prior to the 7 days.
What equipment or space will Wattle blossom Catering require to ensure a smooth running event for you?
- A bench/table/or production space.
- An oven/stovetop/BBQ depending on recommendations of numbers and menu selection.
- Adequate power sources – power outlet/generator 10AMP. (Domestic)
- Adequate shelter or lighting. (Outdoor lights, roof/umbrellas/tent/marquee in extreme weather-rain, heat)
- Fridge space if discussed or required.
- A sink for washing up.
Are there any travel fees, if so how much?
- Travel fees are based on your location.
How long is my quote valid for?
- Your quote is valid for 2 weeks or based on date availability.
- The per person price is subject to change if numbers drop below or rise above the initial numbers.
Do you provide staffing?
- Wattle Blossom catering’s staff are friendly, experienced and trained in food handling and food safety.
- Our philosophy is simple - we are there to take the work out of your event, so that you can enjoy the company of your guests without the worry of organising food or cleaning up.
I have booked a catered function with staff. When will they arrive and how will the food be served?
- This will depend upon the number of your guests and how much food will be served. Usually the chef will arrive up to an hour before your guests arrive to set up and be ready to go. This first hour is not charged.
- Our waiting staff will arrive at your event 30 minutes before the food is due to be served. They will then begin serving food at the agreed time. Your food will be spread out over the course of the function. The hot food will be cooked fresh just before it is served so that it’s hot and delicious. Our professional staff will circulate around your guests with platters, sauces and napkins, explaining what each platter is and ensuring every guest gets to try each item.
Do you offer a clean-up service?
- The clean up will be done throughout the night and is included in our staff hire. Once the food has been served, our staff will clean up your kitchen and leave it spotless, taking any rubbish with them.
Do you have dietary options (like vegetarian) available?
- Absolutely! We cater for vegetarian, vegan, gluten-free, halal and more. You can also see which items on our set menus are Gluten free by looking for the (GF) after the description.
Do I have to pay for everything in one go?
- No, a deposit will secure your booking. Final payment is required 7 days before your function date, once your guest numbers are finalised.
What serving equipment do you include?
- All serving platters, sauce bowls and napkins will be provided
How late can I make changes?
- So that we can ensure your menu will be ready for your party, we ask for a final menu one week prior.
Can I swap items on the set menus?
- You can swap dishes between the Something Simple and Going Gourmet menus and charge you for what you order, so can adjust the menu price accordingly.
I want something different. Can I have a custom menu for my event?
Of course. Check our Menu Listings here for inspiration, or call our chef to discuss any requirements. As all canapes are made fresh and on site, most changes can be easily accommodated.